|Cruising & Sailing Information|
10 Thoughts On Picking a Cruise Ship Cabin
The best advice is to be informed about cabins and pick the right cabin for you among the thousands available on a cruise ship.
1. One of the most difficult parts of planning for a cruise is choosing the right cabin. Everyone has different tastes, and what is not important to one person might well be important to you.
2. Look at the cruise ship layout and decks online or in brochures. Know that there are different types of cabins on different cruise ships. The biggest differences between cruise lines--mainstream and luxury--ships are the quality of accommodations.
3. Sometimes there are over 20 different categories on a ship! So it is important to know the different cabin categories. One reason is that thanks to modern shipbuilding, most inside and outside staterooms are standard in size and amenities. Comparing one vessel's cabins against another is daunting task, so keep your eye on the square footage as the most important criteria.
4. Know your budget and what you can afford. The price of a cruise ship cabin or stateroom (the terms are interchangeable) is dependent on its size, layout, and location. The cabins on large cruise ships come in standard, ocean view, balcony, and suite. A luxury line's smallest cabins are much larger than those on large cruise lines and are either ocean view or balconied.
5. Know your lifestyle. Price is certainly a consideration, but if your vacation time is limited, you might be willing to pay more to get a cabin better suited to your lifestyle. It's a personal decision, much like deciding where to cruise and which ship to cruise on. How about an outside cabin with a window, or better yet a balcony? How about sitting on the balcony with a good book or using it to catch a breathe of sea air?
6. The right cabin is a retreat house after a busy day ashore, or just to get away. A long cruise will have you wanting to spend a relaxing time in your room, watching a TV-movie, or taking a nap.
7. Lots of people recommend the cheapest inside cabin, because you won't be spending much time in there anyway. This might be true for short trips, but are you prepared for an inside cabin on the lowest level.
8. Know your location. Cabin, balcony size, and cabin location vary significantly within the same price range on any ship.
9. There's lot of cruise industry jargon you have to decipher.
10. Yes, there are the obvious questions you should ask: Will I located below the water line? Will I hear the roar of the ships engines from my cabin? Will I have enough room to turn around in my cabin? Will it be the size of a walk-in closet, with no windows, a tiny bath, and bunk beds? Will I not be able to tell if it's day or night without going up several decks?
Explore what the different types of cabins are, which locations are the most desirable, and which locations you should avoid if possible. Pick the right accommodations and you'll have a wonderful time, and get hooked on cruising.
Advertising by textad.biz
Go Ahead, click an ad, you know you want to.
Why Take a Cruise Vacation?
Have you considered taking a cruise vacation but just aren't sure if it would be right for you? With all the cruise lines available, all the cruise destinations, the range of prices, there is a cruise for just about everyone.Do you commute to work every day, sitting in traffic for perhaps hours? Think about it, on a cruise you don't drive anywhere for 7, 10, 14 days or more.
Family Cruise: Family Get-Together for Fun
Family Cruise: Happy Times you will not forgetA family cruise is a perfect getaway with loads of fun and excitement for everybody. Whenever you have kids bored with the usual stuff amusement parks, theater and all and your spouse needs a change, plan a cruise.
Renting out Cruise Ships for Hurricane Victims, a Brilliant Idea Indeed
Who says FEMA is not doing their job. They just rented out Three Carnival Cruise Line ships to shelter 7,000 Hurricane Victims from the Katrina Disaster.
The Best European Cruise Travel Vacation!
So, you are contemplating a European cruise. You are looking for the cruise to be a luxury travel vacation.
Royal Caribbean Cruises! Where Their Slogan Is Get Out There? And They Mean It
Imagine a cruise line where choices include ships with golf courses and rock-climbing walls looming 200 feet over the ocean. Where there is so much happening, so much to discover and experience it's just possible the crack of dawn will need to be your wake up call.
The Absolute Best Romantic Gift Idea!
We all want to please and impress that special someone in our lives with a romantic gift. Millions are spent every year trying to accomplish this feat.
Inflatable Boats and Inflatable Kayaks Are Naturally Safe and Stable
Inflatable boats such as inflatable kayaks, inflatable catamarans, and inflatable sport boats have several advantages over their traditional watercraft counterparts. They typically cost less, are easy to transport, and can operate in more shallow waters than a deep hull boat.
Asia Cruises: A Journey in the Exotic World
Asia Cruises: Lasting Impressions of Culture and TraditionAn Asia cruise is a voyage of discovery, an experience of cultural extravaganza of Asian civilizations. Asia is biggest continent with the lengthiest coastline and the highest mountains of the world, the Himalayas.
Buying a Used Sunfish Sailboat: Know The Ins and Outs Before Sailing Away
As anyone who's ever bought a used car knows, you have to approach the project armed with your own knowledge before you even set foot on the lot. In this situation, being uninformed is tantamount to being taken to the cleaners.
New Zealand Cruise Expert Guide
New Zealand is a country guaranteed to surprise. Emerald green landscapes and towering mountains mingle with spectacular fjords and icy glaciers in a land that is only 2,200 kms from the frozen continent of Antarctica.
How A Boat Can Make Retirement A Pleasure
Boats are a fine part of any man's retirement. They give us something to do, offer us new places to see and keep us active mind, body and spirit.
Take an Arctic Tour by flying north of Fairbanks to Dead Horse, on the northern edge of Alaska's North Slope. This unreserved wilderness area, stretching to an indescribable horizon at the Arctic Ocean, is home to caribou, grizzly bear, musk oxen, and so many more species of mammals.
Alaska Cruise Ship Vacations
Alaska is one of the world's great cruise destinations, particularly for those with an interest in world class fishing. Alaska is arguably the most beautiful of the American states, and cruise ships offer a unique way of seeing Alaska's beauty.
Back to Nature: Observing Marine Life When Boating
"Whether you boat on fresh water or on the ocean, there is a lot of marine life to observe and appreciate. We boat in the Pacific Northwest off the west coast around the islands and straits of the Pacific Ocean.
Entertainment At Sea
"All the world's a stage", the saying goes! And on your cruise - the ship is the stage for a world of colorful entertainment and night-time enjoyment! And best of all, there is no cover charge, no tickets to buy or reserve, no waiting in line.Dazzling musical revues salute the very best of Hollywood and Broadway, with advanced lighting and sound systems and spectacular special effects.
Cruise The Nile of Cleopatra
For centuries, the Nile River has been at the center of life in Egypt. The ancient Egyptian civilization relied on the flooding of the Nile to create fertile land for farming in an otherwise desert landscape.
Keep Cruising and Keep Traveling - It is Safe
In the time that has followed since the tragic events of September 11, we have seen numerous changes happening to us all.These changes began with shock, disbelief and anguish and so overwhelmed us, that they made all work related issues seem trivial and personal relationship seem especially dear.
Wanted! Adventurous Guests Looking For a New Experience on a Royal Caribbean Cruise
Wanted! Adventurous guests looking for a new experience on a Royal Caribbean Cruise! Royal Caribbean Cruise line is known to be a leading, innovative cruise vacation company that offers new experiences, a wide array of choices, and great vacation value for active singles, couples and entire families looking for exciting adventures.The activities onboard their ships are endless, and you can spend all day rock climbing or ice-skating if you desire.
Summertime And Boats... And Boat Insurance
Early summertime is the time of year, when boat owners start getting back on the water. I am speaking about pleasure boaters, those who use their boats to make a living fishing are on the water when the fish are under it.
The Skipper on a Charter Yacht
The skipper is the heart of every floating vessel on earth. His word is (or should be) law to everybody on board.
|home | site map|