|Cruising & Sailing Information|
How To Save Money On Cruises
1. If you're 55 or older, you can get senior citizen discounts.
2. If you belong to American Automobile Association or American Association Of Retired Persons, you can get a discount.
3. "Buy One-Get One" fares are often offered. You buy your ticket and bring another person along for the ride. Or better yet, split the cost of the fare and you both travel at a 50% discount.
4. Added Value or Free Days. You book a 7-day cruise and get 3 days free or free shore excursions, as well as pre or post cruise hotel rooms.
5. Flat fare specials are one fixed price for the best available cabin at the time of booking.
6. Share a cabin with friends, another couple or two family members and you could easily end up cruising for free. This fare package can also be cut four ways - reducing the burden on all. You will be sleeping in head over bunks that are comfortable, so consider this strategy. Just make sure everyone gets along.
7. You should check into airfares at reduced rates offered by your cruise line to get you to your embarkation site.
8. How about an upgrade? Better cabins, discounted certificates, 10-40 percent savings off advertised prices may all be offered by your cruise line through their respective newsletters.
9. The early bird still gets the cruise, just like with the airlines. If you're a good long-range planner, then you can save mucho dinero. The earlier you book your cruise - the more you save. Typically 10 - 40%.
10. If you belong to an association, organization, if you have a wedding party, family reunion, belong to a church group or are planning a corporate outing you can get a hefty group discount. As always, don't be afraid to ask!
11. Stand by! Yes, it happens with cruise ships too. Typically you're notified three weeks prior to departure if there is space. Late notice like this means you get a nice discount fare.
Did you know that the best cabins to avoid seasickness in are the lower and middle deck cabins? There is more stability here than the pricey upper cabins! Just make sure you're not placed under the Disco, in high traffic areas, or near the engine room. Diesel powered ships vibrate near the stern (rear) of the ship and passenger cabins near the bow (front) may subject you to hearing the anchor raise and lower.
Are you planning cruise vacation? Visit Cruises Center for the latest news and information on cruises.
Advertising by textad.biz
Go Ahead, click an ad, you know you want to.
High-School Reunion Time? Host Yours on a Yacht!
Sometimes it can be difficult to round up the old gang from high school; everyone is busy, someone in their family either can't or won't go, or people will think, "Oh, those things are so boring."Well, if you or someone you know is in charge of coordinating your reunion for the "Class of ----," you'll definitely get better results from the get-go if you decide to plan the reunion aboard a luxury yacht, offering your former classmates a real chance to unwind while they reminisce about the "old days" with you and your friends.
Family Reunion Cruises - Something Everyone Can Live With
The mere thought of getting together for a family reunion can strike terror into even the most stalwart of human beings. Don't get me wrong.
Carnival Cruise Expert Guide
A carnival cruise is one of the best-loved types of cruise in the world. It offers a heady mix of onboard entertainment, pampering and relaxation, all within the plush surroundings of a cruise ship as it sails from port to port.
The Best European Cruise Travel Vacation!
So, you are contemplating a European cruise. You are looking for the cruise to be a luxury travel vacation.
Yacht Charter From Rhodos Base - Dodecanese
The most famous of the Dodecanese, beautiful and famous for its mixed lifestyles, Rhodos has contributed the Colossus, a huge statue which stood at the port's entrance, to the seven wonders of the world. The old city is surrounded by powerful fortifications with bastions, battlements, gates and moat; a fine example of 15-16th century art.
Shape Up and Ship Out
For some, the ideal cruise consists of a lounge chair, gourmet food, and many, many drink umbrellas. And while I admit that sounds wonderfully seductive, there are those whose ideal cruise is a bit more active.
Bermuda Cruise Expert Guide
At just twenty-one square miles in size, the island of Bermuda in the Western Atlantic is one of the smaller destinations in the world to visit on a cruise ship. Only a day and a half sailing from the U.
Yacht Chartering in Greece - A Few Things to Consider
When to GoThe sailing season in Greece lasts from March to early November. During the Spring months, the weather during the day varies from cool to warm and is usually cool at night.
Washing SailsOften you will see a beautiful sail boat with a dirty sail, you say "yuk" and are glad that is not you out there. Sometimes you feel sorry for the gent, knowing that cleaning sails is difficult and can take hours.
Survival At Sea: What You Need To Do, What You Need To Have
Two boys from South Carolina made headlines a few weeks ago. They had spent six days adrift at sea before being rescued .
Exploring the Exotic - Antarctica Cruise
Antarctica is one of the great unexplored areas of the world. It wasn't until the last fifty years that there has been any appreciable exploration or study of the vast frozen continent.
Simple Things for the "Sailing Life"
Owning a boat has an oxymoronic quality to it. "The simple life" can be pretty complex--I think of it as having a plane, a car, and a house compressed into a very small space.
SAILING ITINERARIES IN GREECE - A PROPOSAL Bellow you may find some itinerary suggestions for your sailing holidays in Greece. These routes are just a proposal your actual itinerary should always be planned having in mind current weather conditions for your crew's safety! Important notice : Charters in Greece usually start on Saturdays at 17:00 and usually end one or two weeks later on Saturday morning at 09:00.
Boat and Yacht Detailing - Teak Reconditioning and Care, Detailing the Deck
If you find your boat with gray and weathered teak, you may use any of the variety of products that are recommended from Nauticaleze. You may also wish to clean it with Snappy-Teak-Nu.
Boat Cleaning Business - Bilge Clean-up Tips
These areas, like any other car engine and compartment that you may come across, can either be very clean, or be extremely greasy, dirty and grimy. Remember to mention the difficulty in locating fuel, oil or water leaks on a dirty leaky bilge.
Advice for Pressure Washing Companies Cleaning Marina Docks
So you are in the pressure washer business and you want to clean the local docks at the Marina. Good plan, let us give you a little advice on this.
Like a Chicken to Water... Your First Steps on a Boat
Some people step onto a boat and are straight at home. For them the challenge, the mechanics, the simple joy of sailing all combine to make the sport less of a pastime and more of a necessity.
Yacht Winterization Service Business
If you own a boat maintenance business you need to be providing winterization services to your customers. Many boat owners who get to know you may trust you to help them winterize their boats.
Back to Nature: Observing Marine Life When Boating
"Whether you boat on fresh water or on the ocean, there is a lot of marine life to observe and appreciate. We boat in the Pacific Northwest off the west coast around the islands and straits of the Pacific Ocean.
Taking a Deaf Cruise
Deaf and hearing impaired individuals are no different from anyone else except they cannot hear or hear well. Because the deaf culture consists of mainly deaf people who hang around each other simply because of communication, finding a cruise that caters to the deaf is a true blessing.
|home | site map|